Add Overmars to the growing list of bands in the so-called
atmospheric hardcore world founded by
and the like.
Most of these bands have similar styles,
at least passing resemblances to
each other, while still maintaining some uniqueness, and
Overmars is no different than that, as they do the
ambient-passages-building-to-crushing-chords thing as well as
anyone, with the vocals somewhat harsher than others in the field.
At times it gets pretty scary, such as “Buccolision/The Mistaken one”,
truly tortured female vocals alongside a simple, yet haunting piano
line adds up to a disturbing listen.
It would be a disservice to simply label these guys the French
Neurosis, but at least on the surface that gives one an idea of where
this crew is headed.
Affliction, Endocrine ... Vertigo
- This is Rape
- Destroy All Dreamers pt. I
- Deux Mesures de Solitude
- Buccolision / (bis) The Mistaken One pt. II (Geography is Just a Symptom)
- Destroy All Dreamers pt. II
- A Spermwhale's Quest
- Destroy All Dreamers pt. III
- En Memoire des Faibles qui Ont Survecu a Darwin
- Destroy All Dreamers pt. IV
- From Love to Exhausting - The Story of This Intangible Thing Between Us
- Destroy All Dreamers pt. V
Reviews: Sea Of Tranquility