Havoc Unit is the continuation of
... And Oceans
as that band decided (on their tenth anniversary) that they were
switching styles and thus a name change ensued.
The lineup is similar to the last lineup of ... And Oceans,
with another new set of stage names just like they did before --
keeping track of real member names in AO was always a major
headache and they're doing us historians no favors here either.
Anyway, on to the music -- while Oceans was more in the black metal
department, sliding into experimentalism as their career progressed,
here Havoc Unit have gone full-on industrial, futuristic, extreme
metal, with the occasional sampling, plenty of clanky sound effects, but
driven by intense harsh riffing and violent vocals that have always been
part of the industrial metal scene.
This isn't as over-the-top as, say,
The Axis Of Perdition
as everything is reigned in a bit more here -- perhaps a harsher
is a better reference.
It seems that this band has changed names yet again, back to their
pre-And Oceans name of Festerday.
In any case, it seems this incarnation of the group is done.
- I. esus [The Liturgy of Inhumanity]
- When Children Are No Longer Enough [C.oitus O.rgasm C.atholic K.ids]
- Generation Genocide [Humanitarian Vivisection]
- Viremia [Regime HIV+]
- Kyrie Eleison [Totalitarian Libertarianism]
- Nihil [Operation Blitzkrieg]
- Man vs. Flesh [Structured Suicide]
- Ignoratio Elenchi [Reversed Genesis]
- Kill All Nations [The Manual of Terrorism]
- Kristallnacht [From Revolution to Reconstruction]
- Klan Korps [Volkssturm & Erregung]
- Rape Scene Act I [The Fine Art of Quality Time]